||[Sep. 21st, 2010|06:30 pm]
Students of the lit GRE
Hey, is there anyone around here anymore?
Gotta question for you all- I took the lit GRE last fall, did miserably on the practice test and only marginally better on the actual exam- 560, I think, something like 54th percentile. Ok, so saddle up, study a lot, and do it again.
I've been working with the Princeton book for about a month now, just took their practice test and...
450. That's right, 21st percentile, a MASSIVE drop.
So, what I want to know (other than that I'm completely screwed) is:
1) has anyone here taken the Princeton practice test and know how accurate it is?
2) how the hell did I get so many wrong? 112 right, 87 wrong??
2) any advice for last-minute score boosting? By "last minute" I mean about 2.5 weeks. Needless to say, I'll be cramming like mad, but really, it doesn't matter how much you've read if you can't name the author.
3) any advice for schools that don't require you to do stellar on the GRE but are still good schools? I've got an MA in writing, so I'm hardly stupid, I just don't specialize in what they test and stink at multiple choice.
It's all hitting the fan on October ninth. Wish me luck! And if you're taking the test at Sacramento State, I'll see you there.